June 8, 2019 (Saturday- due by Monday, June 10th at 0800)
What did you do while you were here to improve the health of others? How do you feel this population is able to get healthier now and for future generations? How have you been changed or impacted by this experience?
I was able to assist in the soup kitchen by feeding the poorer community. I was able to educate patients to teach them how to live a healthier lifestyle. This was hard as I did not find too many people willing to learn due to their lack of trust of healthcare providers.
I feel as if what basic information we provided them they can pass it down from generation to generation. Some basic education they received was on managing high blood pressure and what it can cause when not controlled. Another is what long term drug and alcohol use can do to your body. Another why seeking help for mental health problems is so important. I feel as if I have been highly impacted I have learned so much.
I learned what I feel the true value of life is and that is surrounding yourself with happiness. People that I ran into no matter their situation were happy because of the place they lived, the people they knew, and their religion. It makes me have an appreciation for other cultures and opened my eyes up to another part of the world that was completely different than the one I live in.
I am very thankful you decided to come on this trip. It was so fun getting to know you on a personal level, and I appreciated your eagerness to learn in every situation we encountered.
ReplyDelete